Sunday, November 16, 2008

Corona Kills



I'm working on a collaborative project with a Graphic Designer, which is a fancy way of saying I'm working with my roommate on his assignment for Package and Design 3. He has to redesign a beer bottle and add a theme to it. He asked me to help him illustrate a Day of the Dead theme for his Corona bottles. These are the finished inked versions, so I'll be posting the colored versions as I finish. He needed 2 designs....regular (darker) beer and lighter beer. So I came up with the idea of the light (sun) and dark (moon) opposites. We have Tonatiuh, the Aztec Sun God, which you've all seen at the center of the Aztec calendar. Then there's Coyolxuahqui, the Moon Goddess. He wanted one more but didn't know what so I suggested the Goddess of the corn and wheat and basically harvest, since beer is made of wheat. That would be Tlazolteotl. After he realized he wanted the actual God of Death so I drew up Mictlantecuhtli. It's been fun and I can't wait to get color on them.

3 comments:

Ashly Picazo said...

lookn' good!

Daniel Valadez said...

On point! Very creative and fantastic designs, looking forward to the seeing the finished product.

demhar said...

nice pen work!