Friday, April 11, 2008

Life of Pi Work in Progress

This is a work in progress I'm doing for book illustration. Its a cover for Life of Pi. If anyone's read the book, hopefully they understand what it is. If you haven't, then you should! Its a good book, read it in a couple of days.

My scanner is not as big as my ink drawing and I was being too lazy to scan the bits that were cropped, so poor turtle and poor hair of his chinny chin chin. Boohoo. Sob sob. Stay tuned to see the big picture. If you don't get it now....don't worry, you will soon my lads.



Ok ok ok. Its almost done. So here is the colored version. I'm putting it down until Sunday. I'm at the point where I can't see past the paint and lines. Its just paint and lines to me at this point. Happens to me a lot when I'm working on a piece for a long time.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh WOW, so much cool stuff, I love the For No One piece, a very abstract depiction of the concept, but still totally readable and understandable, sweet stuff :)

Frank said...

ah, what a beautiful design.

Mónico Chávez said...

Love the line drawing. Seems almost too simple with the color tho. Some way you can bring out that complexity again? Not sure if that jives w/ the concept tho.

Great piece, overall.